There are chocolate chip cookies, and then there are these chocolate chip cookies: thick, soft, chewy, and loaded with gooey chocolate.
There are a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, but this one blows all of them out of the water. Seriously. Your search for that perfect recipe ends today. So, grab your kids and let's start baking America's favorite cookie.
Have your kid get an extra math lesson in for the day by counting how many chocolate chips make it into your mouth instead of the batter.
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups of AP flour (more as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
-3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Microwave the butter so it is almost entirely in liquid form.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter with both sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until crumbly. (add more flour if needed) Use your hands to press the crumbles together into a dough. Add the chocolate chips and mix with clean hands.
- Roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Take them out even if they look like they’re not done yet. They will continue to cook on the pan when you take them out.
- This next step is hard to do, but important! Let them cool on the pan for 25-30 minutes. They will sink down and turn into the cookies of your dreams.